Group Series Courses
Whole Life Wellness Studio’s Therapeutic Yoga Group Series are age-specific and themed according to specific therapeutic goals and areas of concern, such as depression, anxiety, self-esteem, anger, etc.
Each series is priced according to length and the number of sessions included. You can find pricing details in the flyers below.
General Therapeutic Yoga Group Activities
- Each class begins with a short, seated meditation/check-in. Participants will taught how to complete a mental and physical body scan in order to recognize any areas of need, including areas of tension and stress.
- A group share (lasting 5-10 minutes) will establish the goal for that day’s class. This will ensure that participants have a personal connection to the intention of each day’s class.
- 35-40 minutes of yoga-based activity (customized by age group and ability)
- 2 minute final Savasana/rest
- 5 minute debrief and assignment for home-based practice
Age-Specific Therapeutic Yoga Group Goals
K-2nd Grades (5-8 year olds)
- Fostering social awareness and providing opportunities for skill-development within a small group setting
- Encouraging pro-social behaviors that include sharing ideas, offering help to others, and working together as a team will be interwoven with imaginative yoga-based play
3rd-5th Grades (8-11 year olds)
Engendering self-empowerment and problem solving, while discovering and reinforcing each participant’s unique strengths
Nourishing self-esteem within a safe and therapeutic environment through positive
6th-7th Grades (11-13 year olds)
- Providing opportunities for play in addition to exploring, with a positive outlook, all of the great things that are in store as children this age come into their own
- Preparing middle school students for the challenges they are about to meet, including high school selection and enrollment, as children this age are straddling the untenable line between child and adulthood
8th-9th Grades (13-15 year olds)
- Reducing stress and building skills to recognize cues or signs of stress
- Strategizing self-regulation for managing when pressure starts to build
10th-12th Grades (15-18 year olds)
- Building stress-reduction skills and exploring body awareness
- Targeting any unproductive beliefs or behaviors stemming from those beliefs
- Embedding healthy decision-making into daily lifestyle choices through physical activity and social, emotional wellness
Adult Yoga (18 and older)
- Synthesizing physical and mental therapeutic exercises, including Vinyasa flow, Restorative, and Yoga Sculpt styles in an effort to provide an invigorating as well as calming and comprehensive therapeutic experience.